44. The most important safety precaution to
follow when using portable tools is to make
sure they are properly grounded.
45. What is the first sign of galvanic corrosion on
1. Disintegration of the rivets or bolts holding
2. Loose rivets, screws, or bolts holding the
3. Pitting and scaling of the surface
4. Appearance of a white powdery residue
46. Which of the following tools should be used to
chip painted aluminum surfaces?
1. Hand scraper
2. Wire brush
4. Each of the above
47. If you have a cut on your hand, what
precaution, if any, should you take when
using paint remover?
1. Use a simple dressing
2. Put a bandage over the cut
3. Wear gloves
48. How many methods does the Navy use to
49. What are the two most useful brushes to use
1. Flat brush and fitch brush
2. Flat brush and sash tool brush
3. Sash tool brush and painters dusting brush
4. Sash tool brush and fitch brush
50. What is meant by the terms laying on and
1. Double coat, going from left to right
2. Applying strokes first in long strokes in
one direction and then crossing your first
3. Spraying 10 inches away and then misting
51. What type of remover should you use to
remove natural oil-based paints?