39. When using binoculars, what adjustments
should you make?
1. One for focus
2. Two for focus and one for proper
distance between the lenses
3. One for proper distance between
4. Two for eyepiece and lens
40. When should you use binoculars?
1. In foggy and rainy conditions
2. When identifying objects at night
3. When scanning sectors in the daytime
4. Both 2 and 3 above
41. How long does it take for you to reach your
best night vision?
1. 10 minutes
2. 15 minutes
3. 25 minutes
4. 30 minutes
42. What is meant by the term dark adaptation?
1. The improvement of vision in dim light
2. The inability to see in bright light
3. The red light requirement
4. Shadows that cant be seen clearly
43. When should you use off-center vision?
1. Below decks
2. When wearing glasses
3. When its dark
4. In broad daylight
44. What information is contained in an initial
1. The object only
2. The objects bearing from the ship only
3. The object and its bearing from the ship
4. What the object might be
45. To report serial number 23NCI16 over the
sound-powered telephone circuit, you would
report the serial number in what way?
1. Too, three, november, charlie, india,
2. Too, tree, november, charlie, india,
3. Two, tree, november, charlie, india,
4. Two, tree, november, charlie, india,
46. Its important for you to remember that the
mouthpiece and earpiece of sound-powered
telephones are interchangeable for which of
the following reasons?
1. Two people can talk at once
2. They can be interchanged if a piece breaks
3. Undesirable noises can be fed into the
4. Both 2 and 3 above
47. The headset of sound-powered telephones is
picked up as a unit for which of the following
1. To make sure you have all the parts
2. To avoid breaking them
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4 In case the earpiece is missing
48. When using the mouthpiece of a
sound-powered phone set to report contacts,
how far from your mouth should you position
1/2 to 1 inch
1 to 2 inches
2 to 3 inches
3 to 4 inches
49. Why should you unplug a phones headset
when its not in use?
1. To keep the user costs down
2. Earpieces will pick up noise and transmit
it over the circuit
3. Carbon will build up at the connectors
4. Calls from other circuits wont go through
50. Aboard ship, there are how many categories
of shipboard sound-powered phone circuits?
51. What category of shipboard telephone circuits
is designed to maintain vital communications
and are preceded by the letter X?
1. Primary system
2. Auxiliary system
3. Supplementary system
4. Command circuit