12. Which of the following is a key assignment
for officers in the watch organization?
4. Each of the above
13. Which of the following is a duty of the
1. To maintain the ships deck log
2. To make sure all bells are correctly
3. To stand watch in the bridge and deliver
4. To line up and operate the steering engines
14. What person makes sure all deck watch
stations are manned with qualified personnel
and all watch standers from previous watches
15. Where is the fog lookout watch usually stood?
3. In the bow where approaching ships
can be heard
16. For what reason does the fog lookout watch
normally consist of two Sailors?
1. In case there is a man overboard
2. To allow the lookout to work without
having his/her hearing impaired by
wearing sound-powered phones
3. The two-man security rule
4. To verify visual and sound contact
17. What type of watch is set when positive
steering control must be maintained?
2. Lee helmsman
3. After steering
18. What is the purpose of the security watch?
1. To minimize damage to equipment
2. To control contact with the CIC
3. To increase the physical security
of the ship
19. Which of the following is a duty of security
watches and patrols?
1. To be alert for fire hazards
2. To check the security of weapons
3. To inspect damage control closures
4. Each of the above
20. You are a member of a security patrol, and
you detect a fire hazard that affects the safety
of the ship. What action should you take?
1. Note it on the security log
2. Inform your LCPO
3. Investigate it
4. Report it to the OOD immediately
21. What is the purpose of a shipboard fire watch?
1. To immediately extinguish fires caused
by welding or burning operations
2. To make sure the welder strikes the
3. To relay messages from the work site
4. To make sure there is a controlled burn
of material at the work site
22. When standing a barracks security watch, you
have which of the following responsibilities?
1. Knowing and carrying out provisions
of the fire bill
2. Knowing and carrying out provisions
of the emergency bill
3. Knowing barracks regulations
4. All of the above
23. When standing a barracks security watch,
which of the following is the first action to
take if there is a fire?
1. Report the fire
2. Spread the alarm
3. Close doors and windows
4. Fight the fire, if possible, if you have
the proper equipment
24. Sentries are governed by what two types
1. Understood and general
2. Special and verbal
3. General and special
4. General and verbal