(4) The NEC structure supplements the
enlisted rating structure. It identifies special
knowledge and skills requiring specific
recognition not provided by rates and rating,
skills that are not rating-wide requirements
and those special skills and knowledge
required in a specific billet.
(2) The Petty Officer quality Control Program
is an effort by the Navy to ensure that those
personnel with problems that effect the Navy
adversely are counseled and given help to
resolve those problems.
(4) Applicants for CWO must have completed
at least 12 years but not more than 24 years of
service on 16 January of the year in which
application is made.
(4) For details and most up-to-date eligibility
requirements for Enlisted Surface Warfare
Specialist consult OPNAV 1414.1.
(3) Service record entries are made by those
personnel who are given such authority by
the commanding officer.
(3) A retired member with 30 years of service
may be ordered to active duty without his or
her consent only by the Secretary of the Navy.