(1) The various programs within this system
have been designed to allow individuals a
chance to develop their capabilities to the
(4) The program focuses internally on Navy
personnel and, where feasible, externally on
our nations school age population, pre-school
through twelfth grade.
(4) The long-term goal of this program is to
promote a sense of self-worth and to reinforce
in young people the knowledge, traits,
attitudes, and skills essential for responsible
citizenship and effective participation in the
American work force.
(2) All bases with 500 or more active duty
members have installation Family Service
Centers. They are located throughout the
United States and at many overseas locations.
(2) The programs mission is to increase
readiness and retention of service members
by providing information, resources, and
services that support and enrich the lives
of Navy families as well as single sailors.
(1) Upon application to the appropriate
housing office, single parents may receive
authority for live-in housekeepers.
(4) Sexual harassment is a type of sex
discrimination. Like all discrimination, it
is prohibited. It violates the standards of
honesty, integrity, and impartiality required
of all DON personnel.
(1) Fraternization includes improper
relationships between senior and junior
officer members and between senior and
junior enlisted personnel.
(1) As a petty officer you have a
responsibility not only to yourself but also
to your shipmates and the Navy to help in
the war against alcohol and drug abuse.
(3) The Navys ARCs provide a program of
intensive and comprehensive rehabilitation.
ARCs are for active duty Navy and Marine
Corps personnel who are suffering from
(3) All personnel are responsible for
maintaining an acceptable state of physical
readiness at all times. Physical conditioning
program should occur at least three times per
week. The conditioning activities should be
at least 40 minutes in duration of which at
least 20 minutes should be continuous aerobic
(4) Stress is a real part of Navy life and
learning to cope effectively is essential. The
goal is for 100 percent participation in stress
management awareness programs.