(2) The purpose of EMI is to correct a training
deficiency; however, depriving someone of
normal liberty is not a purpose of EMI.
(1) As per the Uniform Code of Military
Justice, EMI will not be assigned nor
conducted on the members Sabbath.
(2) Your responsibility as a petty officer never
ends. It is a 24-hour-per-day duty that can be
very trying at times.
(1) Placing a person on report means letting
the proper authority know of the apparent
misconduct. Your notification can be oral or
in the form of a written report.
(1) You should not question any suspect but
should leave that task to personnel with proper
training. However, if the situation does occur,
make sure you properly advise that person of
his or her rights under article 31 of the UCMJ.
(2) A complaint of wrong is a very serious
charge and should not be made lightly. The
first step is to seek advice from someone in
(4) The captain decides the type of court
martial to award based on the nature, time,
and place of the offense based on article 16
of the UCMJ.
(2) This type of behavior usually is not
serious enough for placing a person on report.
However, it does require some form of action
by you such as counseling.
(1) Although male and female rating badges
are different sizes on other uniforms, the
rating badge on the pea coat is the same size.
(2) While in uniform, women may use one
necklace or choker, but it must not be visible.