(2) The first 4 digits of the NSN make up the
FSC. In 5330 00 010 4960 the first 2 digits of
the FSC are called the FSC group, and the last
2 digits are called the class.
(3) All material purchased and maintained by
the federal government is maintained by
national stock number.
(No) Although NOT part of the stock number,
the cognizance symbol may be prefixed to the
stock number in some supply publications.
However, the cog symbol is not prefixed to
the stock number on supply documents,
forms, and records.
(3) Items specially designed, manufactured,
and tested for use in nuclear reactor plants,
which require special handling, machining,
and so forth before being installed and used
require a SMIC.
(1) Its technical nomenclature operating
characteristics, technical manuals, and so
forth are described. It is a supply document
in that the COSAL provides a complete list of
parts required to operate and maintain the
(2) The ML-N omits cryptographic and
cryptologic items which are listed in security
classified catalogs produced by the respective
(4) As the name implies, MILSTRIP is used
for all transactions from requisitioning of
material to issuing the material.
(4) All of the listed documents are MILSTRIP
requisitioning documents used to order
(3) The bottom section of the DD Form
1348-6 permits the inclusion of all available
technical or descriptive data. This data will
assist the supply source in the identification
and procurement of the requisitioned item.
(2) The priority designator is determined by
using the table of priority designators.
(4) The priority designator is based on a scale
of 01 to 15 with 01 being the highest and 15
being the lowest priority.
(2) Do not cannibalize components you might
use sometime in the future.