1. Which of the following characteristics define
1. An act that is continued consistently over
a long period of time
2. A well-defined and uniformly followed act
3. A generally accepted act not opposed to
a statute, lawful regulation, or order
4. All of the above
2. Of the following salutes, which one is the
4. Ruffles and flourishes
3. When in uniform, Navy personnel are
required to salute when which of the
following situations occurs?
1. Meeting officers
2. Hearing the national anthem
3. Approaching the national ensign
4. Each of the above
4. In a normal situation, how many paces from
the person being saluted should the hand
salute be rendered?
5. You may salute with your left hand when
which of the following situations occurs?
1. When in civilian dress
2. When in uniform but uncovered
3. When in complete uniform and
your right hand is injured
4. Each of the above
6. Salutes are rendered to all officers of the U.S.
and foreign armed services. Officers belonging
to which of the following organizations are
also entitled to salutes?
1. Local police departments
2. National Oceanic and Atmospheric
3. Public Health Service
4. Both 2 and 3 above
7. When going aboard ship thats flying the
national ensign, you must stop on the upper
platform on the accommodation ladder or the
shipboard end of the brow and take which of
the following actions first?
1. Face the national ensign and salute
2. Face the brow of the ship and salute
3. Face the officer of the deck and salute
4. Face the petty officer of the watch and
8. While standing a sentry box, you are
approached by an officer. What type
of rifle salute should you render?
1. Present arms
2. At order arms
3. At shoulder arms
9. You are not required to salute in which
of the following situations?
1. When standing and talking with an officer
and a senior officer approaches
2. When guarding prisoners and an officer
passes within saluting distance
3. When standing at a bus stop and a car
passes carrying officers
4. When walking and passing an officer
going in the same direction
Textbook Assignment: Chapter 9 Customs and Courtesies and chapter 10 Uniforms and Formations.