22. Most of the jobs that are done by the XOs
assistants aboard ship are the responsibility
of what department in an aircraft squadron?
1. Administrative department
2. Maintenance department
3. Operations department
4. Safety department
23. Which of the following is a responsibility
of the operations department of an aircraft
1. Overall maintenance of the ships aircraft
2. Operational readiness and tactical
3. Squadron safety program
4. All of the above
24. Which of the following is the definition of
the term job accountability?
1. Taking command under duress
2. Accepting credit for your job
3. Answering to seniors in the chain of
command for the way you do your job
4. Answering only for personal mistakes
25. What is meant by effective communications
in the chain of command?
1. The ability to speak clearly
2. The use of proper terminology
3. The proper use of reports, messages,
and other types of correspondence
4. The action of seniors informing juniors
about matters that affect the juniors, and
the action of juniors informing seniors of
26. You need help in solving a work-related
problem. Which of the following personnel
should contact first?
1. Your supervisor
2. Your department head
3. Your division officer
4. Your executive officer
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 27 THROUGH 30,
REFER TO FIGURE A AND SELECT THE TERM
USED TO DEFINE THE QUESTION.
27. General boat handling.
28. The general work on the ships deck and
the equipment used.
29. Anchoring, mooring, cargo handling,
and towing are examples of this type
30. Care and use of line.
31 It is important for you to know shipboard
equipment terminology for which of the
1. Equipment changes all the time
2. You will have to inventory the equipment
once each month
3. You will probably assist the deck force
in various seamanship evolutions
4. There are different names for the same
A. DECK SEAMANSHIP
B. BOAT SEAMANSHIP
C. MARLINESPIKE SEAMANSHIP