13. When using the two-rescuer CPR technique,
you should use what ratio of compressions to
1 to 5
5 to 1
3. 10 to 4
4 to 10
14. Which of the following is one of the most
reliable indications of a blocked airway in a
1. Inability to speak
2. Cherry red skin color
3. Profuse sweating of the face
4. Partially digested food in the mouth
15. You are assisting a person who is choking.
What is the first action you should take?
1. Apply the standing chest thrust to the
2. Apply the standing abdominal thrust to the
3. Clear the victims mouth of any food or
4. Sharply slap the victim on the back
between the shoulder blades
16. What minimum amount of blood loss usually
causes a person to go into shock?
1. 1 pint
2. 2 pints
3. 3 pints
4. 4 pints
17. How is arterial bleeding from a cut near the
surface of the skin indicated?
1. Spurting dark red blood
2. Steady flow of dark red blood
3. Steady flow of bright red blood
4. Gushing spurts of bright red blood
18. To control bleeding, which of the following
methods should you try first?
1. Direct pressure
2. A tourniquet
3. A battle dressing
4. Pressure points
19. What is meant by the pressure points in the
1. A place where the artery is protected on all
sides by bone or muscle
2. A place where the main artery is close to
the skin surface and over a bone
3. A point where an artery crosses between
the heart and the wound
4. A point where an artery crosses a joint
20. If the use of a battle dressing is required, who
should loosen/remove it?
1. The on-scene leader
2. The repair locker leader
3. A person qualified in first aid
4. Medical personnel
21. Shock will never be serious enough to cause
22. At which of the following times should you
start treatment for shock?
1. As soon as possible after an injury occurs
2. Only when symptoms indicate severe
3. Only after other injuries have been treated
4. As soon as unconsciousness occurs
23. What is the basic position for treating shock?
1. Putting the head and feet at the same level
2. Putting the head lower than the feet
3. Putting the feet lower than the head
24. Which of the following Navy personnel are
the most frequent victims of suicide?
1. Males between the ages of 25 to 37 in
paygrades E-6 and E-8
2. Males between the ages of 17 to 24 in
paygrades E-1 to E-6
3. Females between the ages of 25 to 37 in
paygrades E-6 to E-8
4. Females between the ages of 17 to 24 in
paygrades E-1 to E-6