38. How are position angles reported?
1. Three digits, spoken digit by digit
2. Two digits, spoken digit by digit
3. Three digits, spoken as a whole
4. Two digits, spoken as a whole
39. How should you report objects that are low in
1. By feet above the surface
2. By the objects approximate distance
3. In feet from the ship
4. From the object to the horizon
40. Ranges are reported in what unit of
41. When using binoculars, what adjustments
should you make?
1. One for focus
2. Two for focus and one for proper distance
between the lenses
3. One for proper distance between the lenses
4. Two for eyepiece and lens
42. When should you use binoculars?
1. In foggy and rainy conditions
2. When identifying objects at night
3. When scanning sectors in the daytime
4. Both 2 and 3 above
43. How long does it take for you to reach your
best night vision?
1. 10 minutes
2. 15 minutes
3. 25 minutes
4. 30 minutes
44. What is meant by the term dark adaptation?
1. The improvement of vision in dim light
2. The inability to see in bright light
3. The red light requirement
4. Shadows that cant be seen clearly
45. When should you use off-center vision?
1. Below decks
2. When wearing glasses
3. When its dark
4. In broad daylight
46. What information is contained in an initial
1. The object only
2. The objects bearing from the ship only
3. The object and its bearing from the ship
4. What the object might be