CHAPTER COMPREHENSIVE TEST
1. To report serial number 23NCI16 over the
sound-powered telephone circuit, you would
report the serial number in what way?
1. Too, three, november, charlie, india, wun
2. Too, tree, november, charlie, india, wun,
3. Two, tree, november, charlie, india, wun,
4. Two, tree, november, charlie, india, wun,
2. Its important for you to remember that the
mouthpiece and earpiece of sound-powered
telephones are interchangeable for which of
the following reasons?
1. Two people can talk at once
2. They can be interchanged if a piece breaks
3. Undesirable noises can be fed into the
4. Both 2 and 3 above
3. The headset of sound-powered telephones is
picked up as a unit for which of the following
1. To make sure you have all the parts
2. To avoid breaking them
3. Both 1 and 2 above
In case the earpiece is missing
4. When using the mouthpiece of a
sound-powered phone set to report contacts,
how far from your mouth should you position
1/2 to 1 inch
1 to 2 inches
2 to 3 inches
3 to 4 inches
5. Why should you unplug a phones headset
when its not in use?
1. To keep the user costs down
2. Earpieces will pick up noise and transmit it
over the circuit
3. Carbon will build up at the connectors
4. Calls from other circuits wont go through
6. Aboard ship, there are how many categories of
shipboard sound-powered phone circuits?
7. What category of shipboard telephone circuits
is designed to maintain vital communications
and are preceded by the letter X?
1. Primary system
2. Auxiliary system
3. Supplementary system
4. Command circuit
8. Which of the following sound-powered phone
circuits is used as the COs battle circuit?
9. To keep the meaning of a message intact when
standing duty as a telephone talker, what
action should you take?
1. Speak loudly
2. Repeat the message word for word
3. Paraphrase what you hear
4. Speak rapidly to transmit the message
10. Which of the following statements is a rule for
1. Transmit only official messages
2. Keep the button in the OFF position when
3. Use only standard words and phrases
4. All of the above
11. When a telephone talker says Silence on the
line, you take what action?
1. Request permission to leave the line
2. Receipt that youve heard the message
3. Stop talking immediately
4. Call back for authority to use the line